Dear Friends and Family,
Happy Holidays and New Year! What an amazing journey 2007 has been.
A year ago I was relaxing with my father's family in Australia having just completed work on the Spaghetti Circus Pirates Project for the second semester of my Masters Degree at the Entertainment Technology Center at Carnegie Mellon University. I am very pleased to announce that this year I have finished my MET (Master of Entertainment Technology) and I am presently living in London consulting for several companies including a spin-off of Philips called amBX. more on that a bit later.

My siblings Ceridwyn, Galen and Serena are all doing well becoming amazing performers and stars at school and Circus in Mullumbimby. Growing up rapidly in an ideal simi-sheltered environment and rural lifestyle of the family farm with 2 horses, a goat, 3 dogs, a bunch of chickens and an orchard of mangoes, macadamia, citrus with an amazing yard and garden. Abby and James along with the children's Grandmother Margret have created an wonderful place I love to call home as often as I can. I was very fortunate to spend the early portion of the year with them and at this holiday time I miss them dearly....
My mother is doing fairly well enjoying life in the desert. She unfortunately broke her foot over Thanksgiving and has been very restricted in her movement for the past few weeks. That aside she and I have come to a wonderful point in our relationship and despite her recent injury she is as strong and happy as I have seen her in some time. She has been doing some amazing writing on her blogs and I think she has found a wonderful creative outlet witch I hope she continues to grow from. I was able to spend 3 weeks with her in August which was one of the nicest visits we have shared in many years.
So a review of my year in brief. From Jan - June I was on a independent study for my third semester. During this time I worked on a film version of the Circus Pirates show as well as developing website materials for our production company Alchemica. I was also working as a coach, performer and technical assistant with Spaghetti Circus where I developed some serious skills in Acrobalance (with Leonie) and juggling, I was teaching and training 5 days a week, which was fantastic.
In early June I set off on a Research Tour for the last semester of my Master's Degree. This tour was documented in a blog call The Immersive Theater Institute and was part of a co-op learning experience I did as the Research Assistant to Don Marinelli, the Executive Producer of ETC Global at Carnegie Mellon. The tour took me from Australia to San Francisco, Albuquerque, Denver, Tucson, Los Angeles, San Diego, Pittsburgh, London and Brussels. It was a fantastic success with meetings and conferences with some amazing industry giants. The outcome of this time is that we have now transformed out production company Alchemica into a consulting firm for Digital Theatrical Engineering and Ambient Special Effects for Live Performance. Our first Clients are Philips amBX and Musion Systems both based in London. I am enjoying the work which is incredibly stimulating and independent while still corporate and highly professional.

Having Landed in London I have recently begun a wonderful relationship with a new love in my life, Kirstyn. We have been dating since mid October and after a brief courtship moved in together in Mid November. I am really enjoying this very supportive and loving relationship which has made being away from friends and family much less lonely during the past few months. Kirstyn is incredibly caring with a lovely supportive family. We are looking forward to spending Christmas and New Year together in our new apartment.
Happy Holidays and New Year! What an amazing journey 2007 has been.
A year ago I was relaxing with my father's family in Australia having just completed work on the Spaghetti Circus Pirates Project for the second semester of my Masters Degree at the Entertainment Technology Center at Carnegie Mellon University. I am very pleased to announce that this year I have finished my MET (Master of Entertainment Technology) and I am presently living in London consulting for several companies including a spin-off of Philips called amBX. more on that a bit later.
My siblings Ceridwyn, Galen and Serena are all doing well becoming amazing performers and stars at school and Circus in Mullumbimby. Growing up rapidly in an ideal simi-sheltered environment and rural lifestyle of the family farm with 2 horses, a goat, 3 dogs, a bunch of chickens and an orchard of mangoes, macadamia, citrus with an amazing yard and garden. Abby and James along with the children's Grandmother Margret have created an wonderful place I love to call home as often as I can. I was very fortunate to spend the early portion of the year with them and at this holiday time I miss them dearly....
My mother is doing fairly well enjoying life in the desert. She unfortunately broke her foot over Thanksgiving and has been very restricted in her movement for the past few weeks. That aside she and I have come to a wonderful point in our relationship and despite her recent injury she is as strong and happy as I have seen her in some time. She has been doing some amazing writing on her blogs and I think she has found a wonderful creative outlet witch I hope she continues to grow from. I was able to spend 3 weeks with her in August which was one of the nicest visits we have shared in many years.
So a review of my year in brief. From Jan - June I was on a independent study for my third semester. During this time I worked on a film version of the Circus Pirates show as well as developing website materials for our production company Alchemica. I was also working as a coach, performer and technical assistant with Spaghetti Circus where I developed some serious skills in Acrobalance (with Leonie) and juggling, I was teaching and training 5 days a week, which was fantastic.
In early June I set off on a Research Tour for the last semester of my Master's Degree. This tour was documented in a blog call The Immersive Theater Institute and was part of a co-op learning experience I did as the Research Assistant to Don Marinelli, the Executive Producer of ETC Global at Carnegie Mellon. The tour took me from Australia to San Francisco, Albuquerque, Denver, Tucson, Los Angeles, San Diego, Pittsburgh, London and Brussels. It was a fantastic success with meetings and conferences with some amazing industry giants. The outcome of this time is that we have now transformed out production company Alchemica into a consulting firm for Digital Theatrical Engineering and Ambient Special Effects for Live Performance. Our first Clients are Philips amBX and Musion Systems both based in London. I am enjoying the work which is incredibly stimulating and independent while still corporate and highly professional.
Having Landed in London I have recently begun a wonderful relationship with a new love in my life, Kirstyn. We have been dating since mid October and after a brief courtship moved in together in Mid November. I am really enjoying this very supportive and loving relationship which has made being away from friends and family much less lonely during the past few months. Kirstyn is incredibly caring with a lovely supportive family. We are looking forward to spending Christmas and New Year together in our new apartment.
I am most amazed at the amount of change I have experienced this year, It has been an incredible journey. After nearly 10 years of Higher education I am very pleased to be on to the working period of my life. It is incredibly exciting to have a life which spans three continents and next year looks to be prosperous and busy with travel, work and life moving dramatically ahead. I hope everyone has a wonderful holiday and a Happy New Year. - Shannon
No comments:
Post a Comment